Friday, December 3, 2021

As of today, I'm officially 50lbs (22kg) down. I'm now 225lbs (102 kg)! Pictures with the same clothing side by side, and details in the post.

Progress picture right here.

Oh boy, where do I begin?

My weight loss journey was sparked by an incident about 4 months ago (it's insane that it's only been 4 months, holy god). This incident took place at an amusement park, and it made me realize that my weight was a problem as it deprived me of one of life's greatest pleasures: roller coasters.

I was a very obese person all of my life, and now I'm changing that.

Over the course of my journey, I've learned what foods to eat, and what foods to avoid. I've also learned that it's okay to eat your favorite foods, as long as it's within reason.

My calorie intake is 1500-2000, but I at least try to aim for 1500.

My diet is way healthier than what it was at my heaviest. My diet at my heaviest consisted of a weekly bag of family-sized Takis, excessive portions of healthy meals, excessive orders at fast-food restaurants (think 2 big macs and 10 pc chicken nuggets at Mc. Donalds), a lot of soda consumption, candy, etc etc.

My diet now consists of a lot of lean protein/meats. Cubed Steak, Chicken, Turkey, Ham, and 93%/96% ground beef. I subbed in pork-loin Bacon for Turkey Bacon if I'm wanting bacon, and I also eat eggs on occasion. I also invest in protein shakes. I also make tacos and chicken wraps, and for that I buy carb-lean tortillas (they are only 45 calories and are quite big).

Fruit is also a big part of my diet now. Blackberries, Watermelon, Apples, and Bananas mostly.

For snacks, I usually go for Beef Jerky. Beef Jerky, while not exactly the healthiest, is very low in calories. I usually get a bag once a week. I also purchase a tray of Frozen Cooked Shrimp (38 count) on occasion, as it tastes good and is quite lean. About a tray every two weeks.

I still eat at Fast Food restaurants on occasions, and to celebrate milestones in my weight loss I go out to eat with my family. When I was at 249, I went to a buffet, whenever I was 239, I went to a steak-house, and at 229 I indulged in Thanksgiving. It is so important to allow yourself these moments of success.

CICO works. If any of you were contemplating on losing weight, I really recommend it. It will do you wonders, you'll begin to feel more confident and you'll be able to wear clothes that you'd never thought was possible to wear (hell, I can wear skinny jeans now). Cheers everyone.

submitted by /u/Pepe_Dev
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rCRPON

No comments:

Post a Comment