Saturday, December 11, 2021

Coming up on one year & struggling... how to break through?

December 28 will be one year since I started tracking calories and really working on my weight loss, and I thought it was a good time to reflect and also ask some advice. I'm down 90 lbs from my highest weight and 50 lbs down this year.

In October, I was hospitalized for 12 days and came out 10 lbs down (included in my totals above). I have continued tracking since then but I also left the hospital on a high-dose steroid and there is no end in sight for it currently. I'm either constantly hungry, or constantly thinking about food, and I don't feel satisfied after eating anymore. This also isn't the first time I've been on the steroid - it's the reason I gained over 100 lbs in the first place. I now know and can recognize that what I'm feeling is from the steroid, but what can I do to not only not put the weight back on, but continue working towards my goal? After the hospital I only had 8lbs left to goal (135 lbs). Now I'm hovering between 145-147 lbs.

Some stats: F, 27, 5'5", 145-147, trying to stay between 1200 and 1350 calories a day (although not very successfully since mid-November). I weigh myself daily and track that in Happy Scale, and I use My Net Diary to track calories. I weigh most of my food - I don't when I'm not home or don't have access to a scale.

I do not exercise - I think I'm at the point where I probably need to but I hate it and I really don't want to. I haven't found anything that I enjoy doing and I get embarrassed doing anything. Some exercises are also not recommended for me due to my medical condition so I'd have to find stuff that's easily-modified or low-impact.

I also do try to pay attention to protein intake and recently reducing my salt intake because of the steroid, although not super successful on that. I'm not great at hitting my protein goal and I honestly don't know how people stay under 2300mg of salt. I do cook most dinners at home or we eat homecooked meals from family. Lunches depends... I recently went back to work after WFH for awhile and have been taking these Tyson frozen grilled chicken filets (I know... salt) or a can of soup (also a crap ton of salt). Not great options but they're better than eating out and I like them fairly well. I also have a tendency to drink my calories - I drink sweet tea all day that I make, and I built the recipe in my tracking app and I track every ounce I have. I just don't like water and if I have to choose between not drinking tea and drinking water, I don't drink anything. I don't do breakfast usually, I just drink 4-5 ounces of chocolate milk to take my morning medications with, which I also track.

This post mostly feels like I'm complaining to the nether so sorry for that... just feeling a little lost and a little melancholy about it. Any thoughts about how to kickstart and get to goal? Tips or tricks on how to beat the prednisone monster? Thanks <3

submitted by /u/whaaaaataburger
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dEnW8x

No comments:

Post a Comment