Saturday, December 11, 2021

Feeling so defeated: Lost 2 months of progress in 4 days

I had strep-throat for a few days, so I had a crazy high fever and my body was working hard to fight the illness. Naturally, I was unbelievably hungry. For three days, I decided “I’ll just eat whatever my body needs right now.” In total, I had eaten about 5500 calories above usual my maintenance.

I stepped on the scale yesterday and it said I gained 4lbs. The amount I’ve gained is way more than the amount of calories I’ve consumed, and it’s been a week since I stopped eating the high calorie foods and went back to my normal diet. Today, same thing— up 4lbs.

I kind of broke-down realizing I had lost 2 months of weight loss progress in the span of four days. I even look like I’ve gained weight on my abdomen.

I understand that foods with high-glucose hold onto water, and this translates to water-weight. How long does the water-weight last? I’m feeling like I really fucked up.

submitted by /u/TheHipBone
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yefXbG

No comments:

Post a Comment