Tuesday, December 14, 2021

FIRST TIME IM UNDER 200 LBS IN 4 YEARS

I was always on the heavier side, but never to to point of becoming obese. That changed soon after I became depressed. I always used food as a copiong mechanism, always sneaking food in at night, always trying to sneak in a couple extra more snacks when I could, but it was never too bad, I always maintained a healthy weight probably since I was heavily invested in basketball at the time. But when the depression hit I just ate everything I could, I ordered uber eats multiple times a week, sometimes even twice a day on especially bad days. Constnaly went to the convenience store to buy more snakc,s chips, ice cream, soda, you name it. I gained a total of 60 lbs in only 5-6 months, I went from 200 lbs to a peak of 265 lbs.

That was 4 years ago, after being 265 lbs for years I was tired of it. I decided to take up biking since I love biking and its a great way to burn calories. I was capable of losing some weight using this, but everytime after I went biking I had a huge apetite, so it kinda worked and kinda didnt, at the end I did lose a little weight (maybe like 10 lbs) so it did work for me. Afterwards I started incorporating long 1-2 hour walks, I just listen to a podcast in the background while walking through a park, its really nice. That helped lose some weight as well, but what really helped me lose weight was as everyone else says CICO. What worked for me was tracking my calories on Cronometer for a month. After knowing how much my portions were, on average how much calories there are in the food I eat it became so much easier to lose the weight. I would just remove a spoon or 2 from what I used to original eat. Slowly but surely I lost the weight. I'm not done yet though, i still want to get down to 180 lbs, ive been around 210 for a while so Im happy I am now sub 200, but I still have another goal to reach.

Just to let you all know, this wasn't at all linear. WHen I was at my heaviest and I began losing weight I was yo yo dieting. I went up and down 10+ lbs. Some days I would heavily restric, which lead me to binge at night which lead me to gain the weight back. Even after I lost around 20 lbs and maintained 240, I stayed at that weight for 3-4 months. I say I let my body adjust to the weight, but I honestly just wasnt feeling as motivated at the time, but I was glad to at least maintain that weight loss instead of gaining it back. I hit another brick wall at 210, and now I am finally at 199. My next goal is 190 with the ultimate goal being 180. THere will be struggles, I will probabyl lose motiviation at some point but right now after weiging in I feel more motivated than ever. Just last night I was craving a snack but I told myself not to, I wasn't expectng to be sub 200 today but hey, I guess that was my reward for not eating that late night snack!

Just hope to provide some motiviation to those who may need it. Feel free to ask me any questions, I'd love to answer them.

submitted by /u/cultofreasonFR
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3EZYshO

No comments:

Post a Comment