Tuesday, December 14, 2021

I think my Need to lose weight is Compensatory

This may be a little unrelated, but I wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else relates to this. When getting into the whole weight loss thing, it’s very easy to become unhealthily obsessed with it and end up with some form of eating disorder. Some days, I realize my goal and journey to lose weight is probably hurting me more than any benefit. I constantly stress, I always think of what I’ll eat in the day and be depressed if I eat above that. I work out if I think I ate too much and I frequently get into binge/restrict cycles in between everything.

I feel like I want to lose weight simply because I don’t feel good about myself in other areas. I like, if I can’t be the smartest, most successful, or something, at least I can be successful at losing the weight. Ironically, focusing so much on weight loss probably steal from time I could be investing in work, school, etc. Anyways. So its like I lose either way.

Thought I’d share some of my thoughts on my personal experience and was wondering if anyone else has similar experiences?

submitted by /u/karliebars
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3s4b7ww

No comments:

Post a Comment