Saturday, December 4, 2021

Have your family/friends been discouraging about your weight loss? If so, how did you deal with it?

Context: 26 y/o, female, 158cm, started at 70kg, goal weight 55kg

I had joined a fitness program challenge for the past 6 weeks where I had restricted my calories to about 1200kCal a day and went to bootcamp 3 times a week. I wasn't always 100% on point with calories but overall I'd say I've been pretty disciplined. Counting calories for the first time in my life and learning about nutrition, it's been pretty eye opening. I could see everything wrong with my diet before (portions, empty calories, sweet/oily stuff, etc.) and how I came to weigh 70kg at the start of the program. It's pretty empowering to be finally armed with this knowledge and to see that I can do this! I've got the tools now! It's currently the end of the program and I now weigh 65kg (lost 5kg after 6 weeks).

I've chosen not to continue with that specific fitness program after the initial 6 week challenge as it's pretty expensive. I'm in the process of setting up new systems (going to a coach and gym etc.) to figure all this out for less cost. Food wise, I've noticed that I have quite a bit of unhealthy/high calorie foods left from before I started my weight loss journey (nuts, cooking pastes, nut butter etc.). I intend to consume all of this slowly over many days (I refuse to throw them away and I don't wanna give it to people because they're all opened jars/packets).

I am a little worried about gaining all my lost weight back tbh. And I've expressed to some people that I hope I can keep this up; I hope that I don't go back to my old eating habits and am able to maintain my early morning exercise.

Some of their responses have been quite upsetting. That they feel I'll likely gain it all back like most people who lose weight quickly do. Or they just snort and are doubtful when I say I hope I don't revert to my old eating patterns. It's been pretty insulting... I've not had a track record of yoyo-ing weight. For the most part, my weight has just been an upward trend and I've not bothered much to change that trend until now. It's been pretty hurtful and discouraging to think about their view of me; am I that weak-willed and pathetic in their eyes? It's making me feel down..... so yeah, was wondering if other people have similar experiences.....

submitted by /u/Juuu_neverforgetkeys
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZSsVPt

No comments:

Post a Comment