Friday, December 3, 2021

How long of a plateau is too long?

Hi r/loseit!

As the title asks, how long of a weight loss plateau is too long? I've been successfully doing the CICO "diet" for nearly three months now, and this sub has been very helpful during the journey. I lost the innitial water weight very quickly and then lost 10kg (22 pounds) over two months. I knew this rate of weight loss wouldnt last and would eventually slow down, but after two months it just... Stopped. Completely. My scales refuse to go below 105kg. It's been nearly three weeks. I gained a lot of water weight during my period and then lost it when my period ended, which happened in the first week. Two weeks later and my weight hasnt gone down a single pound.

Obligatory yes, I'm counting my calories correctly! I log everything I eat, including any oil I cook with (though I don't use much at all). I log every gram, triple-check and cross reference multiple sources to make sure I'm getting the right calorie amount and use MFP religiously. I'm eating well below my TDEE (the last week ive been eating 1000 calories or under, which isn't ideal but I'm working on it) and recalculated my TDEE after losing the 10kg.

Has this happened to anyone else? At what point should I be concerned? Is this normal? I have another 35kg to lose until I'm in the healthy BMI range and was hoping i could get at least half-way to that before a surgery I'm planning on having late next year.

Any advice?

submitted by /u/Amationary
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rDR0oG

No comments:

Post a Comment