Friday, December 10, 2021

I DID IT

For the first time in I don't even know how long, I went to the gym. Yesterday I went to the store and bought new cheap but fitting workout clothes (hopefully won't need this size for long!), a new pre workout and protein powder. Today, I turned on my beast mode music playlist and went to the gym. I did a total of 40 minutes on the treadmill (walking with occasional 1 minute running sprees), 10 minutes on bike machine, and 10 minutes on the elliptical.

It honestly hurt like hell. I have scoliosis and sciatica and used those as excuses not to work out, even though my physical therapist recommends exercise and weight loss to help fix those issues. My therapist also recommends it for my PPD. Even with the pain, I stuck with it for my hour. Slowly, my sciatica pain went away and I was able to push myself further.

I left that building so fucking proud of myself. I was sore, but the good kind of sore. Pretty sure my shirt is a different color than when I went in due to sweat lol. I'm excited to tell my therapist tomorrow that I finally did it. I know my boyfriend is also proud of me. My son is too young to understand, but when he's older I hope he's proud of me for bettering myself so I can be a positive, healthy role model for him.

I'm currently in my car about to go home and enjoy my pure whey protein powder, probiotic Greek yogurt, and fresh fruit smoothie. My current goal is to get my stamina up with the cardio and minimize my sciatica pain before adding weight training, which was my favorite when I was in shape in the past.

submitted by /u/JustDoinALurk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pO3VSj

No comments:

Post a Comment