Monday, December 6, 2021

I need to make a change, keeping this here as a remembrance for when I can look back and say that I've lost weight.

Hi there, whoever's reading this, I made a post around a week ago on r/WeightLossAdvice about staying dedicated.

I think I found my motivation.

I went to get vaccinated 2 days ago and was denied because my blood pressure was way too high (read 5 times over the course of 1hr and 30min, 150/100 on average). I took a blood test and consulted a doctor and found that my blood sugar was close to pre-diabetic, my uric acid levels were concerning, and my cholesterol was way too high. Currently, I'm sitting at 230lbs, my current goal is to get to at least 170.

I'm not allowed to perform heavy exercise for now, but I do need to do at least some form of light exercise (walking, etc). I don't even know where to start with my diet, how do I keep track of my calories? How do I stay in a deficit? How do I cut back on all of the unhealthy stuff I shove down my throat for a quick dopamine rush?

Looking at this sub and the other weight loss subs has been an experience, I want the same thing, and I'll put in all the effort I can into losing, y'all have motivated me to finally face the fact that I'm unhealthy, and that I need to change my lifestyle.

I promise myself that I'll stay on track this time, I have to. No more late night instant ramen, no more binge eating, I don't want to fall off the deep end.

I'll probably try and update this post monthly just so I have a log of how much I've progressed, I'm not very good at articulating things so this post may be missing some info, apologies for the grammar if it's hard to read, but thanks for reading this anyway, I just wanted to get this out <3

submitted by /u/-Aiko45-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3IpLo7G

No comments:

Post a Comment