Sunday, December 12, 2021

NSV: sticking to the plan while sick

I have been the type of person who has done pretty well, and then gotten sick and done poorly many, MANY times! I can go to either extreme of only eating comfort food while sick, or being too sick to eat anything, being thrilled to lose a few pounds, and then becoming discouraged when I start to eat normally and gain them back.

So this time, I am so, SO happy that I have managed to stick to the plan while sick. Being single, I don’t have a family to cook things for me, so I am basically having to do it myself. I’m not having any elaborate, amazing meals, and I admit I’m kind of eating what I have, with not many fruits and veggies. Basically lots of soups, sandwiches, and eggs are in my diet right now.

However…I am not constantly downing DoorDash and fast food! That totally would have been me in the past. “I don’t really have any food around here, and I’m too fatigued to cook it anyway, so I’m getting pasta! I deserve it! I’m miserable!”

Also, I haven’t had to talk myself into this decision. I have entertained the idea of ordering out more, always to come back to the opinion that I’d really rather stay on track with my calorie goal.

I think a huge shift for me has been CICO, and realizing I can do it without exercise. I have always had the willpower to exercise, but not really to eat small portions. Before, I would have thought, “well, being sick is going to ruin my weight loss, since I can’t exercise. Might as well get a pizza.” Now, I realize that I can still stick to the plan while sick. Things like soup and eggs can fill me up, and still put me under my calorie goal.

I also reached a new low yesterday!

Just so proud of myself, and wanting to encourage those of you out there who might face sickness this winter. You can absolutely be sick and make good choices!

submitted by /u/cml678701
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oJT90d

No comments:

Post a Comment