Thursday, December 2, 2021

Possible NSV? People started commenting on my physique

This actually started friday last week. I posted progress pictures in r/fitness weekly Physique Phriday.

Generally this post is filled with people showing their muscular physique and gains, but hey, I decided fuck it, I'll post my progress there too. I had hit 293 and was hype because I hadn't been this light since before I started dating my ex 3 years ago where I was 297.

The upvotes and the reception from complete stangers on the internet astonished me. People made awesome comment, said I was looking a lot thinner and to keep up the progress. Getting that kind of comments from lifters, people that most likely have really decent/good aesthetic was awesome, but they are strangers, not people I see day to day.

Now enters the people I actually see often.

I was talking about life stuff with a girl I work with, relationship stuff etc. Then came in the subject of weight loss and me being fat. See I always refered to me as being fat semi jokingly because it's true. Being 6'4 when I have clothes on I didn't look that big, but I was a big guy. Nowdays I fit a LOT better in the same clothes I used to wear, I've removed many shirts from my wardrobe because they were too big and kept the one I was tighter in which now fits loosely. Anyways, that being said, as we were talking I semi jokingly said I was fat, and she replied you're far from fat. That's not what I consider fat. That really made me feel good. Obviously, without clothes on, I still have fat mostly on my sides (side of my chest and sides of my belly) but I am a lot thinner for sure and I notice it, but having someone else tell you about it hits different. I told her that the day I'd be getting closer to my goal - next milestone being 240, she'd see how thin could be and that I'd show her the progress pictures without a shirt then so she'd understand why I still considered myself fat. So in about 6 months, I shall pull out those pictures and show her.

Then came my friends. We generally talk online on discord, we discuss, we play game, we fuck around. Recently one if my buddy got her new GF to join us in our online shenanigans, and she's very sweet. After weeks/months of talking online we all added her to our facebook. When I go to the gym (Which is everyday) I always take a picture post workout and post it on my stories. It's now a routine and it's mainly to hold myself accountable and remind myself that I did something today. Now we were talking one night on discord and I think we got on the subject of food and what we'd like to have for our christmas party because we're going to gather all our discord crew for a dinner. She mentionned something really freakin' good and I made the comment "If I wasn't fat I'd probably eat the shit out of that" again, as a joke with some truth in it. She replied dude, I see most of your gym stories, you are far from fat. Then one of my friend replied : Yeah, in comparison to the picture in the kayak, it's pretty much night and day. I had posted a picture of me about 2 years ago when I tried kayak for the first time with my ex, sitting in the kayak I looked HUGE.

Anyways, so I guess this could be considered a NSV? I haven't had much comment about my physique besides that, I don't know if that's because people are scared to do so or if they haven't noticed but I know it will come. So far so good this week it's looking like I'll probably be sitting at 290 tomorrow for my weight in which is great... 3lbs this week, I'm about to hit the sub 290 and that's incredible... I don't remember the last time I was there.

Keep on grinding, we got this!

submitted by /u/Noktawr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3deJtV6

No comments:

Post a Comment