Friday, December 3, 2021

Weight loss tips after quitting a restricting diet?

Hi! Recently I gave up on my extreme vegan diet I was on for 2.5 years. Basically, no meat, eggs, dairy, honey, fruit, nuts, "faux food" = all vegan substitutes. And with such a restrictive diet I also never ate out or with other people, I was that person who would watch you eat. You can see why I don't do it anymore, it was just stupid.

I was still skinny last May when I visited my grandma, I think I weighted 54 kilos. Now I'm almost 70 kilos, I haven't weighted myself because honestly. I don't even want to know. Two months ago I was 67 kilos and I can't fit any pants I wore back then. In fact, I can't comfortably fit into anything I own apart from socks, loose t-shirts and ironically, yoga pants. Even sweat pants are too tight! Last year I bought this gorgeous oversized winter coat and guess what? Can't close the zipper when last year I would have fit another of me with no trouble, I purposefully bought a very big one to have more air in to keep me warmer but it doesn't even close now.

And what makes this even harder is that around 3 weeks ago I decided to start eating actual food again. I'm not sure what to do, 54 kilos was a healthy weight for my height but I also don't want to count every single calorie I eat or follow a strict diet for the rest of my life. I guess at this point I at least want to stop gaining. Life would be a lot less stressful if I could trust that I'll still fit the outfit I wore a few weeks ago. And I could buy more clothes, I've gained multiple pant sizes this fall alone and a fun fact, all the pants in my closet are different sizes. On a positive note, plenty of target pants.

What would you do? If you've been in a similar situation, what kind of things worked for you?

submitted by /u/greenpeahummus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3y3KZDb

No comments:

Post a Comment