Thursday, December 2, 2021

What is your opinion on cardio during weight loss but also strength building?

So, I have been losing weight for about 6 months. I'm a 30 year old 6'6"/M and went from 385lbs to 340lbs so far. I am a naturally large guy, and even at heavy weight have been pretty athletic. My whole time while dieting I have also been working out 4 days a week. I do a decent amount of strength training, but start every workout with a mile on a treadmill or olyptical.

The past week my fiance hasn't felt well so we skipped cardio and just did the normal lifting sessions. For example, 6 bench press sets scaling to heavy, shoulder press, chest flys, back flys, lat pull downs, then rows. That is a normal Monday for me. What I noticed was I felt so much better lifting when I didn't start with cardio. I wasn't as out of breath when recovering, I felt strong, and wasn't huffing and puffing through it.

After some more research I've discovered a lot of research about cardio not being as beneficial to weight loss when lifting is involved because of cardio wearing you out before your lifts, and causing you to lift less. I know as far as fat loss goes building muscle is great because you burn calories during a workout as well as after you are done.

All in all, I'm curious what some people think. Is cardio held on too high of a pedestal when it comes to weight loss? Should you just do cardio on certain days, or maybe as filler? Or is cardio the answer in your eyes?

submitted by /u/TheTitanHyperion
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Ek6wK0

No comments:

Post a Comment