Monday, October 3, 2022

Its been 3 weeks since I started my journey! The first milestone!

M, 33, 5'9'' SW: 287 CW: 277 GW: 187

Today, I reached my first milestone! I started on this journey 3 weeks ago. My first milestone was to stick to my healthy eating plan (1500 cals/day) and hitting gym for 21 days - since i heard it takes 21 days to form a habit. I really was not looking for a huge weight loss during this period. I was hoping to just stick to the plan as much as possible, not get depressed (when I binge or dont count calories), and just come out the end just feeling good about my commitment. Today I did just that.

And I was able to lose close to 10lbs in the process!!! my face looks smaller! my pants are a little looser and I feel my tummy becoming smaller too!

Some things I learnt about myself

  • It does not take a lot of calories to fill my stomach when I have those hunger pangs. I used to think that I need a big snack. I was actually able to feel satiated with just a few pickles

  • Feeling satisfied as much to do with taste and flavor as it does with calories. I find that I am less prone to binging when I actually enjoy the flavor and taste of my meals.

  • Club soda is a life saver! Makes me feel full when I feel after meals and in between! And it can almost sub for a nice treat!

  • Its reaaallly hard to control what I eat or count calories when in social settings! Something about food and fellowship that are inseparable! I need to come up with better strategies for when I am with friends. Weekends are difficult for similar reason (less structure and more socializing)

  • Other stuff: meal-prep helps self-control, dont overdo it at the gym (consistency over intensity - at least at this stage)

Next milestone: 30 days on the same journey - Healthy eating (< 1500 calories) + Gym (3/week, cardio, strength) - Checkin in date (November 2nd)

submitted by /u/seepolo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yhPmdbV

No comments:

Post a Comment