Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Under 200 for the first time in years!

Like many people I (M, 36, 5'11) put on a bunch of weight during Covid. My wife and I had our first kid in 2020 and I was stuck in a terrible job that left me constantly stressed and sleep deprived. I have never been super fit, but since college (when I was around 175) I've fluctuated in the 180-200 range. Over the course of 2020 and 2021 my weight just ballooned up to a max of around 230, by far the heaviest I've ever been. I basically did nothing for 2021 and the first half of 2022, fluctuating in the 220-230 range before getting serious about getting back in shape around August of this year. I clocked in this morning at 199, the first time seeing a 1 at the front of the scale since 2020.

What finally worked for me was getting into an exercise program I liked (I started boxing), everything else seems to have flowed from that. Even though most of the actual weight loss has come from diet, it's the exercising that's making it easier to eat better. I'm finding myself making smarter/healthier choices not because I'm trying to lose weight (though I am), but because I know that I'll feel way better for my next boxing class if I'm eating well vs if I'm slamming down junk. Hard to put in my all in a class if I was drinking the night before or if I was pigging out on junk food, but if I am eating right I feel so much better in class. The boxing itself is also helping, I feel way fitter and stronger.

Still quite a ways to go (I'd love to be back at my college weight before my birthday in early 2023) but I wanted to take a minute and enjoy this mini milestone.

submitted by /u/Lucas-Davenport
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/uFtZX9Q

No comments:

Post a Comment