Monday, January 23, 2023

Better to workout fast and hard, or slow and long on elliptical?

In the morning after I wake up I like to workout on my elliptical, and sometimes in the late afternoon as well (but usually just mornings). I have an apple watch and my goal each workout session is to "walk" 2-3km, and burn 400-600 calories in my workout, depending on how hard I push myself. If we say my average goal is 2.5km and 500 calories burned, is it better for me to work really hard and achieve that goal in 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or slower in 60 minutes? If my goal was half of that (~1.25km and 250 calories burned), or double that (5km and 1,000 calories burned), would that change the "optimal time" I should workout for? Other than the extreme of pushing myself too hard that I hurt myself, if my goal is to work on weight loss, does it even matter how hard I push myself, so long as I achieve my pre-set goal (whatever that may be on a given day)? I'm aware that there's more to weight loss and exercise than just calories burned, but if we use it as a baseline, is there an optimal amount of "calories burned per hour" I should strive for, or is that simplifying things too much and it's not beneficial to think like that?

Depending on how this main question is answered, or independent from it, does anyone have any tips or advice on what my workout goal should be for exercising on an elliptical (in a given day, not necessary one workout session, but it can be)?

submitted by /u/cool_guy_815
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NK6ZX09

No comments:

Post a Comment