Monday, January 30, 2023

Great progress so far but friends/family worried it's too aggressive

23M, height: 5'5", SW: 160 lbs, CW: 140 lbs, GW: 130 lbs

I began my weight loss journey in mid-Oct 2022, and I'm two-thirds the way there using CICO and gym. My sedentary TDEE is ~1900, and I've been eating between 1200 - 1500cal daily on average. For exercise, I usually go ~3 times a week (~90 min) and do a combination of moderate cardio and resistance training. Haven't built up much strength since starting, but I chalk that up to the deficit I'm on and the fact that I'm mainly doing weights to spare muscle over fat. On average, I've been losing 1.33 lbs/week, so I feel like I've been making good progress.

A fair number of people have noticed/commented on my weight loss, but when I talk about the details, most become worried that I'm losing weight too quickly. Like they say "You're not eating enough - are you OK?" or "Only 1200 calories is not healthy" or even "Are you working with a doctor on this? (Answer: no)".

Enough people have commented this that I'm starting to wonder whether they may be right. Do I need to change my daily caloric intake targets or adjust my GW? I'm also quite short for a guy, so I'm not sure how that factors into things (ex: how people perceive my weight loss compared to equivalent weight loss in people taller/larger than me).

Thanks for listening!

submitted by /u/throwaway2331444
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/qhSdOpw

No comments:

Post a Comment