Thursday, January 26, 2023

At 18 lbs lost, my restless leg syndrome has returned.

I've been obese for my entire adult life. About a 15 years ago I lost a lot of weight, from 340 lbs. to 200 lbs. I developed restless leg syndrome. (When I go to bed, my legs feel like they need to stretch. The moment I flex a leg muscle, the feeling gets so intense I need to get out of bed and move my legs.) I used to have to get up in the middle of the night and do deep knee bends in order to get back to sleep. Crazy right? I gained some of the weight back, and my restless leg syndrome went away. I've been 240 lbs to 260 lbs for the last 10 years, without restless leg syndrome.

I recently lost 18 lbs, and my restless leg syndrome has returned, and seems to be worse. Not only is it happening at night, it's also happening during the day. Right now my legs are restless as I'm typing this, and I feel like I need to stretch them.

Has anyone experienced restless leg syndrome associated with weight loss? Has anyone found a way to get relief? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/LowBarometer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZezAQra

No comments:

Post a Comment