Thursday, January 12, 2023

Weight loss has stopped. So frustrating. 2 month weight loss plateau. Has anyone actually gotten through a plateau?!

I’m 26 M 5’10” and started on January 1, 2021 at at 251 lbs and now I’m at 229 lbs. At one point during the summer I was down to 224.6 lbs. But with the holidays and some loss in my family, I’ve been stuck in a plateau for 2 months now at 229 lbs and it’s so frustrating. I’m starting to feel like I’ll never get that joy of losing weight again. Has the last year of losing weight all been a waste? Has anyone actually broken through a weight loss plateau? Because now I’m starting to think it’s never going to happen.

I’ve been doing hiit classes at my gym for an hour on Monday and Wednesdays for a year now, play full court basketball on Sunday mornings for 2 hours and do sprint intervals on the treadmill for a 5k like twice a week and also doing major calorie deficit according to my TDEE which 3142 calories burned so I’m eating over a 1000 calories under that on days I workout. Sometimes over a 1500 calorie deficit. I’ve also been intermittent fasting where I fast from 10pm to 1pm the following day to help restrict calories 5 days a week for the last year. I’ve read that lifting weights helps with the weight loss so I’ve included lifting weights with the Cardio and I weighed in this morning for the first time in a month and I gained 1.5 lbs but my stomach feels flatter and waste is thinner. Starting to feel that everything that helped me lose 22 lbs last year isn’t working anymore.

My goal is to be under 200 lbs by July 13th. Any tips on breaking through the frustrating plateau would be appreciated. Thanks

submitted by /u/brianb48
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CZigyd9

No comments:

Post a Comment