Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Antidepressants gave me the discipline needed for weight loss

For years I’d get that initial burst of motivation to lose weight and then the motivation would wear off and I wouldn’t do anything to curb weight gain until the next burst of motivation…which would be like a year later. Rinse and repeat for the past 8-10 years.

I gave birth to my daughter last Spring and then struggled terribly with postpartum depression. I was prescribed Zoloft and it helped me tremendously - I’m almost certain I’ve been struggling with depression/anxiety since I was a teenager.

Cut to early December and I get that burst of motivation to lose weight again. I started going back to the gym and initially it was hard because I was constantly tired. However! It’s the end of January and I’m still going strong and I started tracking calories a little over two weeks ago. I feel great! Both mentally and physically. Tracking calories no longer feels like a chore like it did all the other times I’ve tried.

I just needed somewhere to write this out. It feels like a weight has been lifted - now that I’m no longer struggling with anxiety and depression I feel like I can finally get my health back to where it needs to be. I feel like I’m making sustainable changes and I’m happy I’ll be able to model healthy choices for my daughter.

submitted by /u/BacteriumOfJoy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Xg403QA

No comments:

Post a Comment