Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Someone told me I don’t need to lose weight and I can’t stop thinking about it.

Short back story: started counting and excising in 2019 went from 200 to 145. 2020 happened and it wasn’t great on me, was back around 180 and started yet again in 2022, now back at 144 pounds. I was 141 prior to the holidays but I’ve gained a few expected pounds. Where I live it’s a cold winter so even outside of holiday splurging my friends and I have been going out and eating and drinking more in general. I got a treadmill for Christmas (I asked for it!) and I’m getting in the groove of using it. I’ve been logging all my food, even these last couple months of going over super often and just kinda of… hoping for the best but enjoying life. I realize 3-4 pounds of gain over a couple months is really nothing but to me it’s felt like a lot. Plus, without working out I feel bloated and it feels like more than 3-4 pounds in terms of how clothes fit. I still feel ok about everything, but I’m ready to get back on track and finally focus on getting to my goal weight of 130-135ish (going to see how 135 looks/feels when I get there, I’m F 5’7 for reference).

Anyway, I was at work yesterday training a new person (this person is new to their position but not to the department, so we know each other pretty well). It was getting close to the end of the day and I mentioned “gosh I just want to get eats and drinks all the time lately! I should go home and use my treadmill and cook the healthy dinner I have but I really just want to go have Chinese food and drinks with my friend! It’s so hard to kick the last bit of the weight.” She looked STUNNED. She said “what? You don’t need to lose any weight?!” And I just kind of realized how different 3-4 pounds of gaining is to me, how it feels on my body, in my clothes vs how other people see it, which is that they don’t. I’m not saying I’m not going continue to journey because I definitely am but it was great realization after having been a really heavy person and getting this close to my goal that gaining a few pounds doesn’t mean I’m backsliding. It means I enjoyed the holidays, have maybe overindulged a little, and will be fine if I keep it up. Weight loss can be very consuming and if you’re someone whose lost a substantial amount of weight I think it’s too easy to gain a few pounds but feel like you’ve gained 30. So if you’re someone else whose bumped up a bit over the holidays, you’re fine. I would guess no one even noticed. What matters now is you don’t berate yourself or be too hard on yourself, just get back on track and keep going!

For the record- I used my treadmill and cooked my healthy dinner last night. Back on track!

submitted by /u/luckylua
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/isK0hAx

No comments:

Post a Comment