Sunday, January 22, 2023

I somehow ended up on the 'wrong' side of TikTok. A fair warning to others.

Disclaimer: discussion of misusing medications. Please remove if necessary.

I mostly use TikTok for gym routines and healthy meal ideas. Lately I've been getting more and more Mounjaro/Wegovy/Ozempic related content on my FYP. I'm all for people (safely) using medication to aid in weight loss. Especially those who are diabetic, insulin resistant, or significantly overweight.

However. I've been seeing some creators using these medicines when their starting weight was well within a healthy range. Many viewers will comment, "But you're thin already" "Why are you using this?" "You look amazing, why is this necessary?" To which the creators often reply, "I need to lose 5, 10, 20 pounds." They also share compounding pharmacies with their followers who want to use these medications, but can't get a prescription from their doctor because of their low BMI.

I'm not here to start any debates, but I am genuinely concerned how 'normal' people (non-celebrities) improperly using these medications will impact vulnerable groups. 10 years ago at the height of my eating disorder, I would've panicked seeing these videos.

If you see any of these videos pop up on your FYP, please report them.

submitted by /u/Forsaken-Problem6758
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hIz0oHD

No comments:

Post a Comment