Saturday, January 14, 2023

Calorie Deficit Questionable Results, Help?

Hey Folks, I was hoping to get some insight on my weight loss progress. I am currently 247 lbs and I have been maintaining an approximately 500-700/day calorie deficit for 3 weeks here. My daily calorie expenditure is usually right around 3000 calories.

In that time I have managed to lose about 1 pound. While maintaining a consistent 4-5 day work out schedule. I have a pretty decent muscle mass on my body already, but over the past two years my activity level kinda went to crap due to school and work which resulted in me gaining about 30lbs.

As I've been starting to workout consistently again, I have definitely noticed a loss in belly fat as well as an increase in endurance and strength. I have done a bit of research into why I'm not losing weight faster and the only thing that seems logical is that I have been putting on muscle weight as quickly as I've been losing fat weight. However, that seems highly improbable that I've already put on 3-5 lbs of muscle.

My diet has been pretty very strict and consistent. I mitigate the use of sauces and other things that harbor hidden calories, so I can confidently say that my calorie intake is about what it should be to maintain consistent weight loss, but for some reason it's just not happening.

Does anyone have some insight into what is going on here? It's really disheartening when ya work pretty hard to workout and eat right but to not see hardly any results. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)

submitted by /u/Supreme_Schmidty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/IpF3gzy

No comments:

Post a Comment