Thursday, January 26, 2023

How to reframe how I think about food?

I’ve been trying to lose around 20kg. I find the exercise part super easy, I actually really love exercising. In a week I’ll strength train 3x, run 2x and go to Zumba 1x. I walk about 8k steps a day these days too. But you can’t outrun a bad diet lol

I’ve realised that exercise comes so easily to me due to my reasoning behind why I do it. I’ve been running because I want to become a runner again, I go to Zumba because it’s fun, I strength train because I’d love to be super strong one day. Exercise isn’t about burning calories or weight loss at all, and I’ve realised that I need to think that way about food, about eating in a calorie deficit, but I’m struggling to find reasons outside of ‘lose weight’ to eat in a calorie deficit. There’s the obvious of bettering my health, but I suppose I’m just looking for reasons as motivational to me as my exercise ones, or a way of thinking about health that will be strong enough. I have a sick elderly mother, and a lot of her conditions could have been avoided by managing her diet better, but even the thought of that being my future isn’t strong enough to carry me beyond one healthy meal somehow.

If you’ve managed to reframe your way of thinking about eating less and eating healthier, what are your reasons to keep eating that way? Beyond just weight loss?

submitted by /u/00minai
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/u7zbSOr

No comments:

Post a Comment