Monday, January 30, 2023

First time posting for accountability. Starting over during a busy grad program.

First time poster, long time lurker. From 2020-2021 I lost 30lbs. I'm f/5'5", started at 180lbs and got down to 150. I started grad school in fall of 2021 and slowly over the course of the last 15 months have lost all the habits I gained from my weight loss and hit my SW again in December. While it sucks to be here, I am glad to say that I gained the weight as slowly as I lost it.

Two weeks ago I started tracking again and decided to post here for more accountability. I'm currently aiming for around 1900cal to start with. Last time I was eating between 1500-1600. Because I'm still in grad school and the work load changes from week to week, I want to take this slow so I can maintain the changes.

When I lost weight the first time, I ran 5x a week with my dog and paired it with either 15-20 minutes of body weight exercises or yoga. Currently though, I'm a month out from having COVID and have been scared about getting back into heavy exercising, so for the next few weeks, I'm just aiming to walk. To make things easier/more maintainable while finishing up grad school, I might just aim for 20-30 minutes of exercise 5x a week compared to the 45 minutes-hour I was doing before.

I'm hoping to post regularly to keep myself accountable. I'm a big believer in the concept of doing something consistently for three months to make it a habit- so I'm planning on posting updates daily for the next week about sticking with this plan and then weekly till I hit three months.

Would love to hear any tips from others about how you started/maintained this journey during grad school or any other busy time of life.

submitted by /u/khirhi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4N2AFLs

No comments:

Post a Comment