Monday, January 30, 2023

Hopefully this plan sticks. Wish me luck!

I'm 26 years old (female) about 5'4 (close to 5'5) and last time I weighed myself (a few days ago) I was 153 lbs. I actually weighed more than this last year, but not that much more. I've decided that I'm going to really try to commit to this weight loss thing. I think for a long time I convinced myself that I couldn't really lose weight because I wasn't committed.

I've kind of had an unhealthy, inconsistent diet. A lot of the time I would just completely forgo lunch/breakfast and completely overeat at dinner, and I'd buy those glass Starbucks frappucino drinks from the MiniMart at work. Well, for the past week I've switched from coffee to hot tea (no milk or sugar), I've cut down my alcohol intake drastically-- I had 1 beer with friends last week, but I was kind of splurging on craft beer during the weeks before that and it was wrecking my mood the next day anyways. I've started to actually eat lunch. Today I ate lunch (some rice with kale, falafel, hummus; i did buy it somewhere, but I'm going to commit to only bringing my lunch if I can since eating out in the US has big portions..) and as a result I ate less than half of what I normally do at dinner. I think I might just start having scrambled eggs and/or salad for lunch (no carbs). I do still live with my parents so I'm not going to completely cut out carbs since they get offended if I don't eat at least some of what they cook for dinner, but I'm going to cut what I normally eat for dinner in half. Maybe a good tactic would be drinking a glass of water and making a small salad to eat before every "entree"?

I normally have to walk a bit since I commute into the city, but I'm going to try to add on at LEAST 30 minutes of walking on top of that after work, but on the days I telework (2x a week) I can walk around the lake near my house which is about an hour and ten minutes' walk (I do this from time-to-time anyways). I would like to start doing 5 minutes of planks on and off, then perhaps 5 minutes of crunches (whenever i have to stop, I'll pause the timer). However, not going to beat myself up if I can't do all of this every day.

I feel like cutting out the number of calories that I actually drink (in coffee/milk, beer) is going to make quite the difference. I rarely go out for drinks very often anyways, but I guess if there's a time that I decide to have 2-3 drinks with friends that's not too bad as long as I'm working with a calorie deficit. I would be very happy if I could lose 10lbs over 2 months, though I'd love to ultimately lose at least 20lbs. Anyways, mainly just writing this to create some sort of personal accountability.

submitted by /u/Mindless-Sprinkles65
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/itv9AjM

No comments:

Post a Comment