Friday, January 20, 2023

Is it theoretically possible to lose ~0.7-1 pound/day?

For starters, I understand that amount of weight loss is not necessarily healthy (23M; 237 lb; 5’10). I’m more-so asking if it’s even really possible.

For the past ~month, I have become very consistent with calorie tracking and exercise (I weigh all food and track macronutrients closely). I have a history as an athlete (lost my way over the last few years) so there is a base of muscle mass under the fat I’m planning to lose.

I’ve been doing ~one hour of cardio on my peloton per day while also incorporating additional NEAT movements (sort of - things like parking far away/taking extra laps around the grocery store). I also have been lifting ~4x/week for about 90 minutes/session.

Now that you have the background - my Apple Watch has provided me with a rough TDEE every single day. Yesterday, my watch estimated my TDEE at 4,742 calories (lifted for an hour + walked around the mall + 80 minutes of peloton - I don’t think the figure is that unrealistic). I ate 1,840 calories (84g carbs, 69g fat, 236g protein). This is a 2,902 calorie deficit in one day. Even if my watch over estimated my TDEE by 500 calories, it would still be a 2,402 calorie deficit.

What is the result of a deficit that size in a single day? If I supplement my diet with the macro spread like above, is there really a significant risk of muscle loss over fat loss? I really want to understand the science behind this sort of “recomposition”… the real goal is to r/loseit, but I’m taking a muscle retention approach…

submitted by /u/TSAtookmysextoys
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/S6Z5Eet

No comments:

Post a Comment