Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Hit my first goal!

When I started on 19th Jan 2022 I didn’t have a goal date in mind, but as we got closer to the 1 year mark I started thinking I’d try to aim for hitting my first goal (to change BMI class) within the year. I did it with one day to spare!! For a total of 24.1kg or 53lbs lost in the past year.

I don’t pretend to have all the answers but a couple of things which I think would help a lot of people are:

1) learning to be flexible (and I don’t mean yoga). I have a chronic illness with pain and fatigue flare ups - I had to learn to be ok with skipping workouts. I also have a young family and a social life - I had to be ok with being unable to track some meals. Being able to do both of these without giving up the entire thing as a lost cause was really important for me

2) accepting that this takes time. I know this sounds contradictory considering this post is about hitting a time-based goal, but I only set that goal once I knew it was possible. When I started I was fine if this took 1 year or 4. As long as there’s progress, not just with weight loss but also mental health, mentality around weight loss, etc, then I’m on the right path

My next goal is to go down another BMI class, with about another 14kg or 30lbs to go, and then I’ll see if I want to set another goal after that. I expect this part to be slower, so I’m happy if this takes another couple of years…

I was going to end this by saying wish me luck, but I don’t need it! I’m confident that I’m going to achieve my goals. But how about some good wishes for the rest of my journey?

submitted by /u/Amzuja
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kTWn0IK

No comments:

Post a Comment