Tuesday, January 10, 2023

How to address my girlfriend's weight without upsetting her?

I have been losing weight for the past several months but I didn't do this in the healthiest of ways. Girlfriend thinks I did it in a more "normal" way but she is aware I restricted calories heavily and she sometimes gets upset that she can't seem to do that (I don't want her to obviously). I don't want her to think I'm a hypocrite because I sincerely do care about her health, it's not just about appearance. I'm now working on a healthy balanced diet and exercising regularly.

She is 5'5 and weighs about 170lbs but was around 130 when we first got together 2 years ago. Due to my weight loss she is now very insecure about her body and no amount of reassurance helps. It's starting to get frustrating and I'm worried I may soon just snap and tell her to just lose the weight. Sometimes I express disapproval at her food choices and she doesn't take it well. She also thinks that I'm "too skinny" now (I'm a very average weight) so I think her perception is skewed. I still find her attractive but I have to admit as I lost weight I began to find her less attractive, although this could be explained by loss of sex drive due to other reasons. I guess she can sense my loss of interest, but she isn't acting on the weight problem which I don't understand because it seems to upset her so much.

I offer to make her healthy food and sometimes it works but she always snacks on unhealthy things. We don't live together so I can't request she doesn't keep that stuff in the house. I work a lot so I can't really go to the gym with her.

How can I help her?

submitted by /u/odods11
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fXazLVE

No comments:

Post a Comment