Sunday, January 29, 2023

Pleasure in eating: keep it or chuck it?

I’ve been talking with friends and family about their weight loss journeys, and lately people have been telling me that their key to success was to remove the pleasure from eating.

My boyfriend says that what worked for him was intentionally cooking boring healthy dinners (often the same one all week). My mom just had gastric bypass, and says that now she doesn’t really get any joy from food (because she can only eat small amounts, and has to be careful in order to avoid nausea/discomforts) and says she thinks that is what made the difference. This makes me think of something Chris’s Pratt is quoted as saying, something about how healthy eating makes meals less fun and everything else more fun (can’t find the exact quote now).

Whenever I’ve tried to lose weight in the past, I’ve tried to maintain some deliciousness (perhaps in smaller-than-usual amounts)… but maybe these folks are on to something? What say y’all?

submitted by /u/floofsnfluffiness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/t7irmjY

No comments:

Post a Comment