Saturday, January 28, 2023

Could my weight loss plateau be related to muscle gain?

So for context, I am 25F SW:178lbs CW 156lbs GW: 130lbs 5’4. I am very naturally muscular for a woman. I started my weightloss journey over for the 100th time recently and its the first time I am taking it so seriously. I feel like nothing could stop me. I lost the first 18 lbs very easily without excercise and diet only. However, I started going to the gym about 3 weeks ago and my weight loss has plateaued at 156lbs and its driving me nuts. I do 30 minutes cardio and then I do weight training and lifting. I absolutely love it, but people are already noticing my change in body composition and saying comments about how muscular I am. I feel different, my arms have gotten really big and so have my legs and glutes. I am wondering if this could be the reason I am plateauing, because my muscle gain is higher than my weight loss?

For more context, I am on a 1200 calories/day regimen. I add calories according to my workout. So I can’t really go down in my calories. I feel like I will be stuck at this weight forever. Has anyone else experienced this? Or has any tips?

submitted by /u/Moogirl1590
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zmL06oG

No comments:

Post a Comment