Saturday, January 28, 2023

Girlfriend is getting mad at me for my weight loss

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 3.5 years (~6 months before COVID).

Prior to us dating I had lost a lot of weight (50 lbs) and primarily did caloric deficit/intermittent fasting.

Fast forward to December 2022 and I have pretty much gained it all back (call it a mix between relationship and COVID weight)

At the end of Dec 22 I got tired of my weight and set out a plan to lose it all back again. This meant eating less as I lead a pretty sedentary life and just had a nasty bike wreck leaving me with diet as my main option.

Fast forward to this morning and I weigh myself in and found myself down 13.2 pounds in a month!!!

I was so hype and told a lot of people but found myself struggling to tell my gf as she told me weight loss is triggering to her because she has an eating disorder.

I knew this but was proud and wanted to tell her the progress I’ve reached but instead of a congratulations I got her yelling at me for like 30 minutes, even calling me names.

Have you all experienced something like this that came along with your weight loss? If so how did you approach this moving forward?

submitted by /u/jml2296
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tJvQuVW

No comments:

Post a Comment