Wednesday, January 25, 2023

ARFID and weight loss.

Wondered if anyone else here suffers from arfid (avoidance restrictive food intake disorder) whilst trying to lose weight. I have a very limited diet which is mostly processed/frozen food. I have a phobia of trying new foods and certain textures completely freak me out. I don't eat any fruit and the only veg I eat are peas, sweetcorn and carrots.

I've been pushing myself to cook more as I will mainly rely on takeaways or quick meals to help lose weight, I basically have a weekly cycle of a menu of meals I can cook fresh that I deem as 'safe' but altered (I.e certain veg not in them, no onions etc)

I start therapy for this on Friday which I'm really excited for but was just curious if anyone else here suffers from the same condition and how you are coping etc

submitted by /u/AbsorbentLamb
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZFWc9oB

No comments:

Post a Comment