Monday, January 9, 2023

Too scared to weigh myself

I’m starting a weight loss journey. I have depression and OCD, and I take a medication which makes me gain weight. I am trying to counteract this by eating less and exercising more. I have a history of eating issues which makes my weight gain a lot harder. I was borderline anorexic in high school. I’m better now, but the thought process is still there. I’ve gained a lot of weight over the last few years because of my mental health conditions and medications. I am considered overweight by my BMI now. I’m doing a lot better now and want to lose this weight. I know weighing yourself is an important part of weight loss, but I am too scared. I know it will be much more than I want, and I really don’t want to trigger myself, as I am very sensitive to this due to my eating issues. I am scared I will trigger my old issues again. I don’t want to do that because I need to stay healthy for a career in EMS and nursing. Help please. I’m too scared to get on the scale and I hate even looking at myself because I view myself as disgusting. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/ResilientEagle23
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/sLbNcRy

No comments:

Post a Comment