Monday, January 9, 2023

This is your fault

Yes, I know this is an extremely confrontational title. And mostly this is a rant and a bit of insight into my own mindset which has allowed me to have some success over my weight loss endeavors.

I spent a lot of my time when I was at a weight that I wasn't healthy at, blaming outside exterior factors. Work, kids, schedule, etc. This just created a situation in which I felt trapped and felt powerless because I was a victim of my circumstances. But nobody made me eat. Nobody forced food into my mouth. I did that all by myself. It was only when I accepted responsibility for my own struggles that things began to change.

It's not that those reasons weren't valid. Many of us live lives that due to stress or scheduling or whatever else, losing weight and becoming the people we believe ourselves to be capable of becoming, just seems like a pipedream, drowned out by the happenings of life.

For myself that meant changing many of my circumstances. To allow room for me. I realized I was too selfless. I get that from my mom. I always wanted to give my time and give everything for others. This led to my own destruction as I no longer prioritized myself, which led to my loss of self control.

submitted by /u/Round-Mechanic-968
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Nz72Fxa

No comments:

Post a Comment