Saturday, January 14, 2023

Am I doing something wrong or should I give it more time?

So, for context: I restarted my weight loss journey on January 1st. I’m really hopeful that this will be the time that sticks since I’m in the process of changing my mindset and relationship with food. Anyway, the first week went great; I lost 9 pounds. I know most of it was probably water weight, but I was still excited to be making progress. This past week, I’ve noticed the scale slowly creeping back up to around the weight I started at, and I can’t help but feel a little discouraged. I have no plans on giving up, but I would like to know if there are adjustments that need to be made or if I need to give it more time?

My BMR is 2,354 and I’ve been eating 1,700 calories a day. I log and weigh all my food; my sodium intake is below 2,300mg daily. I drink 80 or more ounces of water a day. I have an IUD and don’t have periods, so I’m not really sure how big of a role my cycle plays in these fluctuations.

I’m also 5’8” and have a fairly significant amount of weight I would like to lose, so I thought 1,700 calories would be a good place to start. Should I be going lower?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance! ❤️

submitted by /u/disconnectandupload
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FMN8edh

No comments:

Post a Comment