Thursday, October 11, 2018

Advice on how to stay safely motivated in losing weight if you've previously had an eating disorder?

Okay, I know this post is a little specific but I'm hoping people may still have some advice.

For context, from the ages of 12-16 I suffered from an eating disorder where I'd only eat about 200-300 calories a day and would weigh myself at least once a day. I have a sister who has always been incredibly naturally skinny and can eat whatever she wants, and this just pushed me more because people compared us a lot.

I started dating my now husband a couple of years later and decided I was unhappy being so fixated on my weight and decided to stop weighing myself all together (at that point I was roughly 133lbs).

Now, people who have been through similar experiences will know that it's pretty much impossible to suddenly start eating properly if you have no concept of what that should be. So, I ended up turning straight to binge eating and over the next four years I piled on 30+lbs. I became extremely depressed and even sometimes wished my ed would come back so I at least had control over myself again.

I eventually managed to get into a much better mind set. I tried a couple of fad diets such as no meat and atkins but found them too difficult to maintain, even if they were effective. I've since found one which is working for me which is a combination of slimming world, cico, and attending a gym.

Since the end of August I've managed to drop 10lbs (I've dropped 5lbs just in the past two weeks) and I'm incredibly proud of myself as I now only have 22lbs more to go, however I can feel myself starting to slip. I'm starting to weigh myself more compulsively and am obsessed with seeing the number go down, to the point where I'm starting to weigh every day again.

I recognise these traits because it's how my ed originally started but I want to nip this in the bud.

I wondered if you guys had any advice on how to stay positively and safely motivated during my weight loss journey?

I also preferably don't want to get rid of my scales as I'm taking part in the mario challenge and will need to do weigh ins.

Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

submitted by /u/qvickslvr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NC9j5S

No comments:

Post a Comment