Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Almost 80lbs down since I started this whole thing, 60lbs in the last year! [SW:230, CW:156, GW:135; 30F 5’3]

Hello! I’ve posted in the past, having gained a good deal of weight due to medical complications during and after my pregnancy with my first child. Although I’ve hit some plateaus along the way I realized that I’ve lost 60lbs since last year, and almost 80lbs overall.

I’ve never been particularly thin. When I got pregnant in 2016 I was 158lbs and I’m 5’3. Medical issues and crazy emergency birth stuff followed by the medications and bedrest I was put on had me weighing in at 230lbs when I came home from the hospital with my daughter in February 2017. I honestly felt like I would be stuck there forever but after finding some scrap of motivation I started slowly working out and meal planning. As of this morning I am weighing in at 156lbs! I’m so freaking happy to be back/a little below my pre-pregnancy weight and it took me little over 20 months. I totally plan to keep this going!!

I did and do a lot of different things that have made a great impact on me. Firstly I know work out every single day, even if it’s just for 25 minutes, I make sure I do something to get myself moving. I do a lot of HIIT workouts, some dancing & Zumba video games, and some light jogging with my 30lb kid in a stroller. I use the app 8fit which is awesome and keeps me on an exercise plan and provides different types of workouts everyday that are usually between 8-12 minutes in duration. It takes all the guess work out for me and I love that it’s versatile cause sometimes I get bored doing the same routine.

Secondly I meal plan religiously now and make lots of big batches of low calorie meals that I don’t mind eating over and over again. I prepare snacks, lunches, and dinners every Sunday for the week because I work from home and if I don’t plan in ahead I will always reach for the worst foods. This takes the guess work out and helps me to not be tempted. I also practice intermittent fasting, usually fasting for 16-20 hours 2 times a week. I then eat normally the other 5 days a week (~1300calories). It’s important to say on the days that I am fasting I stick to walking and less intense exercises. I also drink half my body weight in oz of water every single day.

I track everything in MyFitnessPal and also keep a handwritten exercise/food journal which has helped me tremendously to cut down on boredom and stress eating. Lastly, and this one won’t apply to everyone of course but was instrumental in my weight loss, was I sought some counseling for some mental issues I was having post baby that helped me to realize I was emotionally eating and ultimately helped me to get better self control.

I do usually have a cheat day once every week or two, but usually what I do so it has less of an impact is practice one meal a day on the days I know I’m going to cheat and have something substantial. Like for example this coming Friday my husband and I have a dinner with friends and I know I will want to be able to have some drinks and a few fried food items so I will fast from Thursday evening at 7pm until dinner on Friday at 6pm. Then will break my fast with one big meal at the restaurant and be done eating until the following day.

As you can see I do a lot of the things that many have done on this board and other weight loss/fitness subreddits to get myself to this point. I like throwing many darts at the bullseye at once to see what sticks lol Moving forward I’m going to take some kickboxing classes and also start working with weights more because I’d like to tone up in addition to losing more. I’m also moving to towards extending my fasting time and building up towards being able to do a 2-3 day fast in a healthy way, maybe once every other month to help with maintenance.

This sub is one of the reasons I even joined Reddit and I do hope that this will be helpful to anyone on a weight loss journey, and especially new moms. I’m hoping to reach my new goal weight of 135lbs by my daughter’s second birthday early next year!!

I have a side by side comparison photo of me from September 2017 & me from this September but I’m not sure how to post it while using mobile cause I am technologically inept. Hopefully I can figure it out!

submitted by /u/Tiffkneetime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PDqOVh

No comments:

Post a Comment