Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Ever Drive Your Spouse Crazy?

I started losing in June and am down ~80lbs with a other 120 to go. Naturally, one doesn't make the lifestyle changes necessary to accomplish this without noticeable changes at home. I count calories, weigh my food, try to squeeze in enough walking/steps, and often don't eat all/any of what my wife and daughter are eating since my wife isn't changing her own diet, which is totally fine and I have never asked her to.

Recently I had to start avoiding any mention or appearance of watching what I eat around our 5yo daughter as she has started calling herself fat (absolutely devastating to hear her say that!!) when she is incredibly fit, but too young to be thinking about it anyway.

I have also been trying not to verbalize anything about my diet, meal planning, or weight loss in general as I know my wife is tired of it herself. She's said it explicitly, but also dropped pretty obvious hints. For example, I went for a blood draw this morning and for the first time ever, they couldn't do it. I mentioned how they stuck me three times and finally gave up for the day and it's the first time that's happened, and she said "well it's not because of your weight loss...". I had not mentioning anything today about weight loss.

This evening I mentioned excitedly that I'm going to sign up for a popular relay race as my employer has sponsored a team and I'll have a year to prepare. Her immediate response was a dissuasive "you don't even like running" and how slow runners often ruin it for the team. Shortly after that she unloads on me via SMS saying she's glad I'm losing weight but I'm driving her crazy taking about weight loss and goals, "looking at nutrition labels like a psycho", and more. All I could really respond with is an apology, that I'm trying not to talk about my eating/progress and just wanted to share the news about the relay.

I don't know what I expect to get out of sharing this here, but I don't have anyone else to have a conversation with about it.

submitted by /u/Shermer26
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RY1Lhy

No comments:

Post a Comment