Monday, October 15, 2018

Feeling really down after a weird interaction

This just happened, and I'm probably over-reacting. But I need to talk it out and to be frank this community is where I feel most comfortable discussing my weight loss attempts.

I was in the lunch room today and this random woman, whom I have never actually been introduced to says she wants to show me something exciting. I work in a research lab and when I get good results I want to share them with everyone, so sure lets see the exciting breakthrough. Except she pulls up a picture of a robust male I don't know, and starts telling me about how she's helped him loose so much weight in the last month through this energy tea drink. It's so great, she get's to help so many people and this guy was so happy he took her out to dinner. She then starts pulling up charts from other people she's helping, and talking about how cutting calories isn't healthy because after a few months you just feel so tired and weak, you go back to eating and just get "fat, fat, fat" (her words). I was just sort of sitting there in stunned silence at this point. I've lost over 55 pounds in the last year (and a bit) through CICO. This sub and the thousands of success stories here are more than enough proof that calorie counting absolutely works.

I understand this is likely a MLM she's gotten sucked into and needs to push. And that maybe this thing does help curb appetite so the people she's working with are eating less and therefore losing weight. But by myself in that lunch room I just felt cornered. And small. Like none of the work I've put in over the last year and a bit has been worth anything because I'm still seen as that fat person who should really lose weight. It caught me off guard and is ...really depressing. I thought I'd been doing well.

If you made it through this monologue, thanks for listening. I'm not giving up and I'm certainly not paying for the diet drink. Slow and steady with r/loseit is going to get me to my goal even if it takes forever. Thanks for being a great community :)

submitted by /u/ChemicalAutopsy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QS9wUJ

No comments:

Post a Comment