Monday, October 15, 2018

How to deal with the unsolicited advice?

I started my weight loss journey about two or three months ago and have done pretty well so far. I have lost just over 20 pounds. I have just been counting calories. Not much exercise or anything. Although I have recently started to work out. The elliptical has taught me how out of shape I really am. I have a very significant amount of weight to lose (read over 100 lbs), but honestly overall it hasn't been as difficult as I have always thought it would be. I kind of think I can do this.

One thing I didn't expect is the unsolicited advice that people give you when they learn you are trying to lose weight. Everything from how to do it to if you should do it at all. One conversation recently really affected me. It was with a guy I was considering dating. He has also lost a good bit of weight and he did it using Keto. I told him my current plan and he proceeded to tell me how Keto was the only option and anything else was wasting time. I mentioned some of my concerns about Keto and he basically made me feel like I wasn't committed enough to losing weight. The whole thing has kind of thrown me off and I am now feeling like what I have been doing isn't good enough. Which has made me lose a bit of motivation. I am just not sure how to deal with the constant opinions and not let them affect me. One conversation has me completely doubting myself again and I can't really shake it.

So, I put it to you guys... how do you deal with the constant "advice"? How do you ignore it? How do you know when to consider it? What do you do to keep yourself sane in this process?

Also as more of an aside... Am I crazy for thinking I can lose all this weight just counting calories? Do I need to do something extreme like Keto to be successful?

submitted by /u/PsylkWorm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AbthBc

No comments:

Post a Comment