Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Finally started my weight loss journey - just found out I'm pregnant

I finally decided to get serious about watching my food intake and lose some weight after realizing that I think about my weight and appearance multiple times every day, and never in a good way (F33 H 5'10" SW 222, BMI = 31). Like lots of people I barely recognize myself when I see myself in pictures. I started logging all my food and following a fairly restrictive CICO diet (1200-1400 calories/day), and was very stoked to lose 7 lbs in the first couple of weeks! I was feeling super motivated and optimistic, which is NOT how I'm usually feeling about myself. 2 weeks ago I found out I am pregnant, which is awesome (and totally planned)! BUT now I'm feeling really disappointed that I can't make more progress on my weight loss goal, and am worried that when the time comes to really limit intake again I won't have the same motivation as I do now. I never lost all the baby weight from my first child ( was still about 20 lbs heavier 1+ years after birth), so I'm also concerned that I'm going to come out of heavier than when I started. I know that the important thing here is the health and growth of my child, and I also know that diet is a long term change, and so it shouldn't matter so much if I have to start a bit later, but I'm bummed I can't continue with my progress! I suppose I just wanted to rant a bit, and maybe hear from some other folks who have been in a similar situation. Thanks!

submitted by /u/ok_kat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2J4HRgu

No comments:

Post a Comment