Wednesday, October 10, 2018

First "cheat" since eating better

For the first time in 5 weeks since starting my weight loss journey, I let myself have a "cheat". I had strawberries with melted dark chocolate peppermint bark. Weighed out the chocolate for a single serving on the food scale I bought today (40g). Can't believe how small a portion size is...

I actually feel better about it than I thought I would and I think that's to do with the new scale. It's helped me see what a serving size looks like and makes me feel more in control, if that makes sense.

With my history of bingeing on bad food, I'm still nervous that this cheat will lead to another, then another and so on. For 5 weeks I've been steadfastly avoiding all things "bad" like fast food, chips (I had a serious Lay's Dill pickle problem), anything with sugar (save for my small amount of brown sugar I put in my oatmeal once and a while), white bread, essentially my entire old food pyramid.

I feel like my self control is better than it's ever been (in regards to food), but I can't help but feel like something is waiting behind the corner. Like I've just left the beast's cage open.

Has anyone else felt this way after re-introducing certain foods to their diet during weight loss?

submitted by /u/cant_adult_today
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2A3qkTi

No comments:

Post a Comment