Wednesday, October 17, 2018

First Post! Weight Loss Help

Hi all, I have been looking around in this subreddit for quite a while, but I have never actually posted myself. I feel like I have been constantly trying to lose weight since high school (probably around age 16) and I am 24 now. In high school I would say I had an athletic but curvy build, and probably graduated weighing around 160lbs. I know that had I worked at it then I could have probably gotten down to around 140 and been very happy with my body and weight. Now, I fluctuate between 192 and 194lbs. My highest weight was around 197-8 at the beginning of this summer, and through semi-strict CICO and working out, I have only lost about 5lbs.

I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me figure out where things are going wrong for me. I work out approximately 3-5 times a week, and I do weight training in a circuit style that gets my heart pumping, as well as interval cardio on the stationary bike or and incline walk on the treadmill for about 30 minutes. During the summer I was tracking my calories fairly regularly, though I admit not much on the weekends because my family often goes to a family friend's house for dinner and it's hard to track food I haven't cooked. I tried to stay within the 1400-1700 calorie range, but like I said, weekends were probably coming in around 2000-2200 due to other foods not cooked by me.

More recently, I have started intermittent fasting 16:8 roughly 4-5 times a week, and I usually hit my 16 hours of fasting (or at least 15). This, in combination with CICO and tracking on MFP aiming for around 1600 calories per day and not eating back exercise cals, I am still not making progress. I understand that right now that there may be some recomposition of more muscle and less fat, but I still feel that I should be seeing progress on the scale by now. I have been stalled at 192-194 for at least 2 months now. Any ideas of what I can do? Thank you!

submitted by /u/nataliejaclyn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AgDpsr

No comments:

Post a Comment