Wednesday, October 17, 2018

No longer Obese!! 265 to 208 Since March

I started losing I think the same way a lot of people do: stress had me so bad for a while that I had stopped really eating, and when I checked the scale in early July, I was down 15 pounds from my highest recorded weight from some months earlier (265 -> 250). I knew that, at my highest, I had to lose about 100 lbs to be healthy, but 100 lbs seemed like.... A LOT. Where do you even start with 100 lbs?? But now 15 was already gone! And I thought, well, if 15 wasn't so truly terrible, I can probably lose 15 more and see how I feel, so I committed to hitting 235. I started really slowly at first, exercising more and logging semi-seriously, and just got more hype about the process as the weight started coming off. I bought a food scale, started logging religiously, and started IF and occasionally 24-42 hour fasts (actually not really related to weight loss but I think still helped the process).

Except after I hit 235, the thought became "well that wasn't so bad, try for 225", and then "Okay lose 50 by the end of the year!" And now I'm on the path to Onederland hopefully before 2019. All done through CICO, very infrequent trips to the gym. Day to day I'm very strict, but I have a rule that if it would be weird for me to count calories socially, I just skip it. That means if I go to a party, I'm not stressing if I go over by having another beer. If I go on a date, I'm not prelogging, I'm not checking myfitnesspal, I'm just going over and thats fine.

I had always tried to lose weight before, but never successfully and if I'm being honest, I never fully committed. If I were to give others advice now, or even just myself from a few years ago advice, it would be this: you're life needs to be easy to fit weight loss into, or you're never going to do it. I live right next to a grocery store, right next to a gym. I moved out of an abusive household and into a house with vegetarian roommates. I don't think I would have been able to do it if I wasn't actively changing situations that kept my depressed, and kept me unable to muster the energy that losing weight requires.

First time really posting, first time sharing progress pics so a bit nervous!

F / 23 / 5'10"

Starting Weight (recorded): 265 lbs

Current Weight: 208 lbs.

https://imgur.com/wW4zibT

submitted by /u/Kgrail
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NJO4zf

No comments:

Post a Comment