Thursday, October 11, 2018

Goalweight hit! Back is "fixed"! Feeling good!

HI!

So I've done a couple posts in here, mostly to write up my own things to organize it in my head or something.

I hurt my back earlier this year in late April or early may or something like that (dates elude me..) and got close to bedridden for a couple weeks. I weighed myself(for the first time in a long time) and found out I was 94kg heavy. Not a great feeling, I checked my BMI and with me being a shorter dude it was bad, obese bad, so I had to do something.. I started walking as soon as I was able to and turned to my diet. I tried eating less or no carbs at all for a little while, with much meat and much greens, but that didnt really work out, I started to get dizzy and stuff. But the weight fell off. Was down almost 15kg in about a month. I set a goal weight of 76,5kgs because that was exactly "healthy" according to BMI.

I kept walking and doing some activities all summer, still having pains in my leg/lower back as soon as I was stationary and not moving, my diet turned back to eating what I ate before but less, and cutting out soda/chips/trash.

The weight loss started to slow down once I had crossed the 80kg mark, the walking had become somewhat of a hassle, I got in some kind of "I can walk forever" shape where it was rough to get calories burned in a time frame that was acceptable, (what I mean is that to burn XXX calories while walking in a pace that wasn't killing my hips, I had to be at it for longer then I really had time to per day). But I kept doing it, netting something like 16k average steps per day in July. I hit my first goal of getting out of the obese and then overweight category of BMI here, but I didn't feel done, at all, it was still not a struggle in doing anything I was doing, which was my fear when I started this thingy. I had more energy and really wanted to get out and moving after work or whatever. Especially since sitting still made my back hurt. Easy motivation there.. I set a new goal weight at 69,9kg just to get to see a 6 on the scale!

This kept going through July and August, walking walking walking walking golfing etc just staying active while eating less then I had before. I still had some issue with time, not having hours per day to dedicate to walking to get the results I wanted led me to decide after talking to my physician to try running (I still had some major issues with my leg/lower back). I gave it an honest go and while it hurt, it didn't worsen anything and I kept it up.

My first run was something like 2km total with maybe 800meters ran. My entire body wanted to slap me when I got home. I mentioned the leg issue earlier and the problem I had was that my right leg had been lazy this entire summer, letting my left one do most of the work, my calf muscle on my left leg was probably 50% bigger then the right one. So when I got in from that first run, my right leg was almost like pulsating and more sore then I've ever experienced before. A trip back to my doc and she explained the issue of walking being "easier" for one side to compensate then when you are running.

I kept at it though and managed longer and longer runs, with less and less resting periods. This is something that I've never been able to do, I don't think I've ever been able to run anything more then a couple km's at a time before. Today I ran 5km without resting, I also hit 69kg on my scale. I haven't felt any back or leg pains in weeks. My only ache is from exercise and that is honestly one of the best feelings in the world.

I'm so freakin happy. And it feels like I am far from done, nothing has been hard yet. Not compared to not being able to move because of back pains at least. Hoping I can keep this up. Not going to set a new goal weight, just to keep at it and stay energized.

Sorry for rambling, thanks if anyone read it :)

submitted by /u/1400forme
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QL2wsz

No comments:

Post a Comment