Monday, October 8, 2018

How does one fight obesity while surrounded by family that isn’t supportive?

Hey all, I’m new to this subreddit but just started my weight loss journey and it’s been a big help so far. I’m a 17 year old female, 5’5 and currently 263lbs but have lost 14lbs recently.

However, I’ve had this issue with my family - we’re ALL obese and I’m the only one who is open to change. Now, don’t get me wrong, they don’t force me to sit around all day, they don’t make me eat junk food, I know I’m 100% responsible for my decisions and what I do/don’t do.

My concern is that I’ve struggled with binging before. I wouldn’t consider it a full blown ED or anything at all but it’s still an issue because there is always junk food available. My mom is always telling me to eat more, try these chips, try this cake, etc etc. and ever since I started eating better and eating the right amounts, she claims I’m starving myself simply because I no longer eat gigantic portions of unhealthy stuff.

It’s just extra difficult to fight temptations right now because I’m still very early on in my journey and find myself craving sugary and salty and unhealthy things, even if I am sick of them - because right now it’s still like an addiction that I haven’t broken yet.

I’m honestly just overwhelmed, confused, and I can’t talk to them about it - they always get really angry at me. I feel super alone in this because of it, and I’d feel so much better if someone could even say they relate in any way at all. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/emptyheadedchick
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NvHlJi

No comments:

Post a Comment