Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I have a weird bellybutton, will toning help?

Not surely best to write that title, sorry if it's a weird one!

I'm still on my weight loss journey, I've been yoyoing for years, but seem to hover the most around about 82kgs (33yo F 5.8") My highest recently was around 87kgs, after putting on a lot of post wedding weight.
I'm also a belly dancer, and get my belly out more often than the average person, to perform. (Often along side quite slender people).

An all time low, when my self esteem and metal health was already in a bad place, was when I performed a few months ago, and could literally see the audience looking at my younger, hotter friend dancing, and then got edited out of a photo so that my younger hotter friend could be edited back into it in my place, so that she was in the same image twice. Any way, that definitely helped kick start me into getting real again, and I've lost around 8kgs (17 pounds I think). Not at my goal weight, but feeling a bit better about myself.

One thing that I've had for almost as long as I can remember, is a funny bellybutton.
I have a puffy area of fat sitting above and below my bellybutton, which kind pushes it sideways. (Pic down bottom)

It's been like that for years, since I can remember noticing it, and even when I've lost weight and been at my slimmest (still not my goal weight though), it has stayed like that.
It makes me look so much larger than I am, and makes me feel gross in a way that I can't articulate without being rude or saying things that make me feel worse 😆 I know a lot of dancers who are same size, or bigger than I, who still have a nice, normal bellybutton and it helps them look smaller.

It is one is the things that I'm most self conscious about, and I hate it so much. If I didn't get my stomach out so much, maybe it wouldn't bother me as much as it does.

Is there anything I can do to help charge it, and it look like a normal or upright bellybutton? Or am I stuck with it forever?

[http://imgur.com/a/swhu5gL](here's my bellybutton)

Thanks :)

submitted by /u/whatsonotso
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NLe7Gq

No comments:

Post a Comment