Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I tried again - here’s a few things I’ve learned

I am a 20 year old girl (almost 21, yay!) and I’ve tried losing weight probably 20 times since I was 14. I’ve had eating disorders, lost 40, gained 40, lost 5, gained it back, the whole thing. Right now I’m reflecting on all the shit I’ve been through and done and I’ve gotten a ton of ideas on what does not work for me, so I hope this helps someone. I’m about 160lb right now, 5’1, and I’m going to drop 30lb the right way this time and lean out! These are some things that I understood with trial and error that I didn’t really think too much of before.

-Low calorie options with processed sugar/low fats made me hungrier. Diet soda, low-fat yogurts, the whole thing made me starving. I’d drink a Diet Pepsi and 45 minutes later I literally CRAVE ice cream, candy, anything sweet. I blame all the artificial crap. I gave up all of it. All the “diet” foods made me want to eat my house. so if you ever find yourself craving something super sweet, check and see if you’ve been eating the artificial fake sugars because it is true, they make you crave the real thing! Sugar addiction is soooo real!

-My lack of planning is why I failed over and over again I think. Food journals are everything. If you don’t plan out what you’re going to eat, you’re going to make some sad choices. I never had a plan. I had food in the house, but never a plan. Sometimes I got lazy so I’d just get takeout and as we all know, the take out goes straight to your thighs. LOL.

-Exercising really helps mentally and physically throughout the process for me. I used to make excuses and say I never had time, then I made the time and found something I loved. Everybody can set some time to move their body not just for weight loss because it makes you feel sooo damn good!!!

-Protein I found to be sooo important. When I was doing around 1200 cal, I didn’t eat enough protein and I was losing weight but I was looking jello-ish. I realized my muscles were also being lost here, too! I definitely make sure everything I eat now has a good amount of protein. And protein made me feel WAY fuller.

-Drinking water with every meal and throughout the day made me fuller.

-Cardio is hardio but it does work for fat loss! Weight training has definitely helped me stay slimmish though, and I feel super strong when I lift. I’ve been this same weight before, except my jean size was a 10 instead of a 6! I owe that all to the weights.

-Invest a few bucks in a goal pair of pants, a shirt, anything. I bought “skinny pants” before and once they fit me I cried, lol. But everyone should have something to look forward to!!

-You gotta keep trying even when it sucks! If you would have told me 5 years ago I’d still find myself struggling with body issues and weight, I wouldn’t have wanted to live. But here I am, trying again. And I feel better about it this time because I’m doing it for my own reasons.

I hope someone got something out of this!

submitted by /u/mk19971105
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Epfqv7

No comments:

Post a Comment