Wednesday, October 3, 2018

I've lost weight before, but my weight loss as of late has been slow- is it due to more frequent lifting?

As my title states, I'm down to about 187 pounds from 265 (lost over the course of a few years). I started dieting and exercising much more seriously in the past month, however compared to the past, I'm having a lot more difficulty shedding the pounds as of late. I'm aware that TDEE decreases and it gets harder, but my calories consumed are still low for a male (1200-1500). I've definitely had water weight fluctuations in the past after lifting, but lately I've been going more consistently to weight lift- is it possible that the DOMS is still causing a water weight increase? It is about to be 2.5 weeks since I started lifting again. I still have some soreness/DOMS after my lifts. Also, one big change I've made is that I'm taking protein powder on a daily basis now as opposed to only on the days that I lift. Is it possible that I'm adding on some muscle? For all intents and purposes I am a beginner to lifting.

FWiW I weighed 190 one day after lifting, and 187.8 the next day. A week later and I weigh in at 187 flat, even though I was hoping for a 2 lb/week weight loss with the calories I consume. I'm also sure that I'm not underestimating the calories I consume, as it's the same foods I used to eat while losing weight consistently, and I'm pretty meticulous about this sort of stuff.

submitted by /u/losingweight121
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zOSCAO

No comments:

Post a Comment